Do you have a Cockroach problem? You have come to the right place!
The two-main species that cause cockroach problems in the UK, they are the Oriental and German Cockroaches. They are unable to survive outside in the UK but can thrive inside. Found in ducts and warm plant rooms in hotels, hospitals etc. Humid areas are favoured, they can survive with out food for long periods, but only few days with out water.
Areas with food, water and dark spaces to hide are ideal environments for Cockroaches to live. Here few prevention tips for securing your property:
- Keep areas tidy and clean – Clean down all surfaces thoroughly to remove any food residue. Do not leave dirty dishes and utensils in the sink. Keep bins covered, clean, and emptied regularly. Areas such as top or beneath your refrigerator are warm and food collect their, attracting Cockroaches, so clean these areas regularly
- Proofing and Repair – seal gaps around doors, windows, and where utility lines enter to prevent entry. If possible, repair any leaks beneath the sink, and on the sink top, immediately, thus cutting a potential water source
If you get an infestation and try to solve it yourself then follow these tips & guidelines:
- Hygiene – A thorough clean of the area should take place prior to the insecticidal treatment. Pay attention to removing food and water sources and hiding places.
- Sticky traps – The use of sticky traps is not recommended for controlling cockroaches, but can be used for monitoring populations
- Insecticidal control – The success of the treatment depends on what insecticides are chosen, and how thorough the application is. Remember to pay particular attention to cracks and crevices where eggs and nymphs may be found.
- When using any insecticide, make sure it is administered in a safe and secure manner, and that products are kept out of reach of children and pets.
How BTP can Help?
As qualified pest control professionals, we have access to the latest products to treat them. Backed up by technical support, from industry biologists and experts to ensure we treat them effectively and efficiently.
From audited premises to domestic kitchens, we can solve your cockroach problems. Providing help, support, monitoring and treatments to gain control should an infestation manifest.