Do you have a Squirrel Problem? You have come to the right place!
The Grey Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) has been resident in the UK since being released in the 1870’s. It was seen as a fashionable addition to country estates. As the Grey Squirrel is larger than the UK’s indigenous smaller Red Squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris), it has pushed it in to a few small pockets around the country. Populations of the grey is estimated at 2,500,000 across the UK, it is thought that Red Squirrels number only around 10,000 -15,000. Squirrel problems are damage to flora and fauna and property. Squirrel Facts:
- The Red Squirrel is protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- The Grey Squirrel is regarded as an invasive non-native species, so can be killed by shooting or trapping.
- It is an offence, to release a cage trapped squirrel back in to the wild.
Here are is an interesting Articles on the Legal Status of the Grey Squirrel.
Having Grey squirrels around you home or work can be unpleasant, as they have the potential to damage property, health and hygiene.
- Excellent at gnawing wood, so can access a roof space
- Chew loft insulation
- Drown in water tanks
- Chew cables & pipes
Squirrel Problems – Electrical Safety
- Squirrels love to chew, this include live cables!
- House fires have been blamed on squirrels chewing through cables Read it HERE.
- See images (right) of squirrel damage and burns
- Do not leave a Squirrel in your roof.
How Can we help?
- A qualified BTP technician will attend you home or site and survey the problem
- Once the issues have been looked at, we can offer advice on a solution
- It may be a simple DIY fix you can carry out
- It may require specialist work from us, such as trapping & removal
- Exclusion works such as blocking up holes or cleaning may be required
- A costs are agreed before work commences, so you know what to expect
Depending on size of property and number of squirrels:
Treatments start at: £60.00 (Inc VAT)